Ginger, Lemon and Honey: The Power 3 Combination for Health
Ginger, lemon, and honey has been utilized for hundreds of years for health. Taken as a tea commonly for assisting the body to handle colds, flus and sinus infections, lemon, honey and ginger are a natural way to assist the immune system.
Why Take Lemon, Ginger and Honey for Digestion
Ginger contains of 400 natural compounds, and is sought after for its digestive and anti-inflammatory history, lemons provide powerful digestive enzymes and honey has a natural scraping effect on the intestines (clearing away toxic build-up).
In Ayurveda, the digestive fire is considered to be the cornerstone of health. Without it, the entire bodily system cannot function properly. Thus, the use of spices and warm foods is commonly used in this ancient medical system of India.
Ginger naturally warms the body, supporting circulation and lowering high blood pressure. This pungent root has been used for thousands of years to treat ailments such as colds, migraines, nausea, arthritis, and hypertension. It has also been known to be helpful in relieving indigestion & constipation and improving blood circulation & nutrient absorption.
Benefits of Honey, Lemon and Ginger:
Studies Show that Ginger May:
- improve overall cardiovascular healthy
- improve gastrointestinal health
- alleviate muscle pain that arises after intense workouts.
- help with motion sickness
- help with morning sickness
- help with Colic
- help settle an upset stomach
- help with alleviating gas
- help with alleviate bloating
- help with alleviate heartburn
Studies Show that Lemon:
- is a secretagogue—a substance that promotes secretion—which encourages the liquidation of mucus.
- is a source of antioxidants and nutrients. The sour taste stimulates the digestive fire which is important for cleansing, alkalizing and detoxing.
- may promote hydration
- may prevent kidney stones
- may support in weight loss
- may aid in digestions
- may improve skin detoxing and health
Studies Show that Honey:
- contains a large amount of antioxidants which are helpful in removing free radicals from the body. (The presence of free radicals has been linked to a number of chronic health issues.)
- contains a number of trace minerals and vitamins like calcium, magnesium, potassium, phosphorous, and zinc.
- may help with lowering blood pressure
- may help improve cholesterol
- may help lower triglycerides
Lemon, Ginger and Honey Water Benefits
Ever hear of the importance of starting out your day with lemon, ginger, honey and water? The idea here is to start the day with this combination of lemon, ginger and water in a hot water, and this is all that you consume then wait 30 minutes prior to taking anything else.
Consuming boiled lemon, ginger in water benefits:
- Helps your body's digestive system for the day
- Helps your body stay hydrated
- Helps assist the body with weight loss
- Helps prevent kidney stones
- Provides the body with Vitamin C and Potassium
Our Handcrafted Ginger Elixirs
ImmuneSchein's Classic Ginger Elixir contains just these three powerful ingredients of lemon, honey and ginger. These 3 whole food ingredients in our elixirs of organic lemon juice, organic ginger root, and wildflower honey provide you with the clean, simplistic way to help assist you in your health journey and act as a base for 10 of our ginger elixirs.
With our ImmuneSchein Ginger Elixirs, we’ve done the chopping, slicing, cutting, and preparation for you—so all you have to do is add the elixir into hot water for a tea, cold water for a lemonade, sparkling water for a ginger ale, or even add with apple cider vinegar to create your own fire cider, which we refer to as Fire Schein.
The flexibility of our elixirs allow you to create many different recipes for drinks, cocktails, mocktails, cooking, baking, and more. With digestion-enhancing ginger, detoxifying lemon, and weight-loss promoting honey, this powerful drink is sure to kick start your day.