- 5 cups apple cider
- 1 cup orange juice
- 4 oz Elderberry Ginger Elixir
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 8 cloves
- 2 star anise
- 4 black pepper corns
- Place apple cider, orange juice and elixir in a pot.
- Place all the spices into a cheesecloth spice bag and place into the cider.
- If you don't have a spice bag you can add the spices direct to the mixture and just strain the cider before serving.
- Let the spices steep in the cider for 2 hours before warming it up.
- Don't let it boil, it should just be a gentle simmer.
- After 15 minutes it should be ready to serve.
You can also add half a bottle of red wine to the mixture for a more adult cider.