Ginger, Lemon & Honey: Benefits, Uses and History
The Power 3 Combination: Ginger, Lemon, and Honey
Ginger, lemon, and honey tea has commonly been used to handle colds and sinus infections. All of these ingredients contain powerful anti-inflammatory properties. Lemon juice provides powerful digestive enzymes while ginger stimulates digestion. Honey has a natural scraping effect on the intestines (clearing away toxic build-up).
In Ayurveda, the digestive fire is considered to be the cornerstone of health. Without it, the entire bodily system cannot function properly. Thus, the use of spices and warm foods is commonly used in this ancient medical system of India.
Ginger naturally warms the body, supporting circulation and lowering high blood pressure. This pungent root has been used for thousands of years to treat ailments such as colds, migraines, nausea, arthritis, and hypertension. It has also been known to be helpful in relieving indigestion & constipation and improving blood circulation & nutrient absorption.
Studies on Ingredients
Studies Show that Ginger Benefits May Include:
- improve overall cardiovascular healthy
- improve gastrointestinal health
- alleviate muscle pain that arises after intense workouts.
- help with motion sickness
- help with morning sickness
- help with Colic
- help settle an upset stomach
- help with alleviating gas
- help with alleviate bloating
- help with alleviate heartburn
Studies Show that Lemon:
- is a secretagogue—a substance that promotes secretion—which encourages the liquidation of mucus.
- is a source of antioxidants and nutrients. The sour taste stimulates the digestive fire which is important for cleansing, alkalizing and detoxing.
- may promote hydration
- may prevent kidney stones
- may support in weight loss
- may aid in digestions
- may improve skin detoxing and health
Studies Show that Honey:
- contains a large amount of antioxidants which are helpful in removing free radicals from the body. (The presence of free radicals has been linked to a number of chronic health issues.)
- contains a number of trace minerals and vitamins like calcium, magnesium, potassium, phosphorous, and zinc.
- may help with lowering blood pressure
- may help improve cholesterol
- may help lower triglycerides
Our Handcrafted Ginger Elixirs
ImmuneSchein's Classic Ginger Elixir contains just these three powerful ingredients—organic lemon juice, organic ginger root, and wildflower honey. With our ImmuneSchein Ginger Elixirs, we’ve done the chopping, slicing, cutting, and preparation for you—so all you have to do is add the elixir into hot water for a tea, cold water for a lemonade, sparkling water for a ginger ale, or even add with apple cider vinegar to create your own fire cider, which we refer to as Fire Schein here.
The flexibility of our elixirs allows you to create many different recipes for drinks, cocktails, mocktails, cooking, baking, and more. With digestion-enhancing ginger, detoxifying lemon, and weight-loss promoting honey, this powerful drink is sure to kick start your day.
Also in News/Blog Posts
Have you tried our elderberry ginger elixir yet? Read this article to find out why ginger is a great edition to immunity-boosting elixirs.
Your immune system helps you fight diseases, and it's good to regulate it properly. Learn how ginger and honey can aid your immune system here.