- 1 cup white rice, I used long grain
- 3/4 cup blanched almonds
- 1 cinnamon stick broken into pieces
- 1/4 cup condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons cardamom ginger elixir
- ground cinnamon for garnish
- Soak the rice, almonds and cinnamon overnight in 4 cups of hot water.
- The next day pour the soaked ingredients and liquid into a blender and whiz it up until it's very very smooth. This could be 3-5 minutes.
- Strain the mixture into a pitcher through a strainer or cheesecloth.
- Add condensed milk, vanilla and elixir and stir well.
- Mix well, serve over ice.
This horchata tasted really good with some added rum as well.